Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Tagged!

Danielle tagged me on her blog, which solved a big problem for me because I couldn't think of anything to blog about today. Now I have a ready-made topic! So, I have to tell everyone six random things that few people know about me. Here goes:
  1. When I was 15, I decided I was going to marry Eric Clapton. I subsequently obtained all the Eric Clapton merchandise I could get my hands on, held a party for him every year on his birthday and went to England to track him down. I eventually gave up my quest about five years later, but "Wonderful Tonight" is still my favorite song.
  2. I know all the words, including dialogue and lyrics for all the songs, to the Sound of Music.
  3. My confirmation name is Veronica. I chose it because it was my grandma's name.
  4. I'm afraid of baby carrots. It's kind of neurotic, but they're just unnatural. My mom used to chase me around the house with a bag of them just to be mean. I feel the same way about baby corn.
  5. My first job was at GKC, a movie theater in Jackson, Michigan. I worked there for three years. I worked in the concession stand and box office before being promoted to usher and projectionist. While I was there, I had celebrity run ins, such as waiting on some weird looking guy with a feather stuck in his ponytail (who I later found out was Ted Nugent) and getting sworn at by Jeff Daniels when he told me "the focus in Wayne's World is really f***** up."
  6. My favorite Christmas songs are Bing Crosby's "Christmas in Killarney" and the Debbie Reynolds version of "(There's No Place Like) Home for the Holidays."
Now I'm supposed to tag some people.

Ali
Di
Laurie
Jake
Corporate Hippy

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE Christmas in Killarney! That is one of my favorite childhood Christmas songs.

My parents have a Bing Crosby Christmas record - white with a pic of Bing on the cover - lots of great Christmas songs and, of course, the classic White Christmas. :-) It's getting to be Bing time, again!