Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Cool Bike-Related Christmas Presents Part 3: Bye Bye Phone Book

Ever since I got my trainer a few years ago, I've been propping up the front wheel of my bike with a phone book. Somewhat sadly, that was the last remaining use I could think of for said phone book and now they will be left on the front porch for an even longer period of time when they're delivered. At any rate, one of the many wonderful presents I received from my very generous in-laws was this climbing block for my trainer. In case you aren't familiar with it, the idea is that you can vary the incline of your front wheel depending on which slot you position it in. In fact, you can even stack more than one of them on top of each other if you want to go really high. (I can tell you right now I will not be doing that.) Anyway, it's a nice way to make my trainer workouts a little more enjoyable and delay me from gouging my eyes out when I finally can't take it anymore. So long, phone book, you're outta here.

2 comments:

Laurie said...

Haha, we use a block of wood to prop ours up!

Jake said...

I just bought one of those a few weeks ago. I was using either a block of wood, a couple of dumbbells, or a tool box to vary the height.