Thursday, December 25, 2008

The Difference Between Me and Chris Eatough

Just the other day, I was riding with Chris Eatough. (You may have heard of him. He's a pro endurance mountain biker.) Anyway, Chris and I were riding along together in my living room. And by that, I mean I was riding the trainer and watching Spinervals 8.0 Recovery and Technique, which Chris just happens to be on. So, I was riding in my living room and he was riding on my t.v. in my living room.

One of the things I noticed as I rode along with Chris is that our riding styles are extremely dissimilar. For example, when Coach Troy says to do one-legged pedaling drills, Chris is able to "make big circles" and keep his cadence up, as Coach instructs. I, on the other hand, make choppy squares at a cadence of, oh, about 13. It's not that I am disobedient. I'm doing the best I can.

I have two points to this post:
  1. Chris Eatough will probably never want to ride with me. Luckily, the other Chris, who is more important, probably will.
  2. I have a lot of work to do.

No comments: