Friday, July 18, 2008

Waffling

Well, the big race is tomorrow. I have to go into work until noon (love those half day summer Fridays) and then I need to start getting my fuel and my bike ready for the race. According to Chris' training plan, we're supposed to ride for an hour today. Before yesterday, I was thinking I would just ride something easy like the River Trail. But I'm starting to reconsider even riding today at all. I've put a lot more time on the bike in the last few weeks than I'm used to and I think it might be catching up with me. I have felt somewhat lethargic since Saturday when I did my hard ride and my legs are sore when riding and even when going up the stairs. It seems to me another day of rest before the race would do me more good than riding for an hour.




I'm also having trouble deciding what to do about food. I've been reading a lot online and the consensus is that there isn't one. It seems to be that everyone likes something different and different things work well for different people. As an avid reader of Alaska Jill's blog, I've witnessed her struggles with food during long and epic rides. I actually wish I would have spent some time testing different products and food items during training to see how my body would react to them. It's a little late for that now, though, so I guess I'll just have to wing it. Right now I'm leaning toward endurance drink, PB & J, fig newtons and shot blocks. I don't usually have a problem eating one way or the other, so I guess I shouldn't be too concerned.



I still haven't decided what I want my goal to be, either. I guess I'm having trouble making up my mind about a lot of things.



Nerves have just started to set in. I should be good for one frantic post tomorrow morning before we hit the road. I'm sure I'll be awake way before I need to be.

No comments: