Thursday, July 10, 2008

Back to the Trail

We went riding at Burchfield last night. We were supposed to ride for 2 hours, but I ended up quitting after an hour and a half and reading my book in the car while I waited for Chris. I don't know what's wrong with me. I felt lethargic the entire time. I hope I'm not coming down with anything, because I felt dizzy all day yesterday and had some head and stomach issues, too. I actually feel a bit worse today.
Even so, the ride was emotionally gratifying because the weather was perfect for riding and it was just so beautiful. Riding in the evening is nice because of the way the light and shadow fall on and enhance the natural look of everything.

Regardless, I've got to keep putting in the miles. We haven't had a race since June 1, but we've got some coming up very soon. The way I've been riding lately, I don't know how I'm going to kick it up to race pace.


No comments: