Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Discovery

As I'm sure my two loyal blog readers know, we've been riding a lot more lately—about five days a week. For a number of reasons (gas prices, laziness, etc.), we've been pretty much riding the same trail over and over. Now I'll admit that riding the same trail five days a week can get pretty boring, particularly if you're putting multiple hours in. It means either riding every single offshoot of the trail (even the ones you don't like) or riding parts of the trail multiple times.
There have been some advantages, though. Namely discovering this trail section. I had been on it before at least once, but in the last couple of weeks I have been riding it more and more. It's probably something I wouldn't even bother with if I weren't spending so much time at Burchfield.

I think that would have been bad, too, because I've come to really enjoy this trail. I only wish it were longer. It seems to end too quickly.

There's nothing spectacular about it. As I said, it's pretty short, it's somewhat twisty in places, is a little rooty and has a few logs and log piles. I'm not sure why I like it so much, besides the fact that it goes right along the river, is pretty fast and is just very scenic.

No comments: