Tuesday, July 29, 2008

I'm it!

Those of you who read a lot of blogs all know what this tagging thing is. In my experience, most bloggers are somewhat annoyed when they get tagged. They complain a lot and usually participate anyway, particularly if Fat Cyclist threatens them with leprosy if they don't. I, however, am out of the ordinary and am thrilled to have been tagged. This is mainly because it is proof that someone has paid attention to my blog for some amount of time at some point. I was tagged by Ali B., who must have been to my blog, and in fact, I think she's been twice. Check out her blog, which is much cooler than mine. The second reason I'm excited is that ostensibly, someone wants to hear my opinion. And, as my two loyal blog readers and everyone in my office who feels the wrath of my red pen knows, I love to tell people what I think. So, here goes.



If you could have any one—and only one—bike in the world, what would it be?


A 29er. I'm not going to be any more specific or picky than that.



Do you already have that coveted dream bike? If so, is it everything you hoped it would be? If not, are you working toward getting it? If you're not working toward getting it, why not?

I don't, but I'm buying the frame tomorrow. Then I just need to buy a fork, wheels, etc., which probably won't happen until next spring when we've financially recovered from the wedding.



If you had to choose one—and only one—bike route to do every day for the rest of your life, what would it be, and why?

I think I'd get sick of riding the same thing every day, no matter how much fun it was. If I had to choose the kind of ride I like best, though, I'd say it would be in a pine forest, probably mostly twisty singletrack with no gnarly downhills, but two track would be okay, too.



What kind of sick person would force another person to ride one and only one bike ride to do for the rest of her/his life?

A control freak



Do you ride both road and mountain bikes? If both, which do you prefer and why? If only one or the other, why are you so narrow minded?

I have and ride both. Last summer, I barely touched my mountain bike, but rode my first century and also rode from Lansing to Mackinaw City. This year, I prefer riding my mountain bike while my road bike collects dust sitting in the trainer, where it sat all winter. I think I'm probably stuck on the mountain bike thing for a while. The pros of mountain biking are woods instead of pavement, no cars and not having to come up with a route. So far, the biggest thing my road bike has going for it is that I don't crash on it anything like as much as my mountain bike.



Have you ever ridden a recumbent? If so, why? If not, describe the circumstances under which you would ride a recumbent.

I've ridden a stationary one at the gym. There is no other circumstance under which I would ride one.



Have you ever raced a triathlon? If so, have you also ever tried strangling yourself with dental floss?

I have done neither. I have little interest in running and even less in swimming.



Suppose you were forced to either give up ice cream or bicycles for the rest of your life. Which would you give up, and why?

Probably ice cream, because there are many good things to eat, but few things as fun as mountain biking.



What is a question you think this questionnaire should have asked, but has not? Also, answer it.

How many bikes do you currently own, and what are they?



Four
  • Haro v5 (mountain bike)
  • KHS CX200 (cyclocross)
  • Bianchi Imola (road)
  • Nirve Lahaina (cruiser)
And coming soon, the Badger 29er!

You’re riding your bike in the wilderness (if you’re a roadie, you’re on a road, but otherwise the surroundings are quite wilderness-like) and you see a bear. The bear sees you. What do you do?

Panic



Now, tag three biking bloggers. List them below.



Ugh. This is the hardest part. I don't know that many biking bloggers personally, so I'll have to wuss out and just choose my husband.

1 comment:

Ali B. said...

Thanks for playing Andrea! I enjoyed reading your responses... now if my OTHER tagged people would respond so promptly... grr. I'm incredibly jealous that you're building a badger... so green with envy as I type. :) Congrats!