Saturday, July 26, 2008

Race Fever

For the past few weeks it seems like my excitement for racing has started to overshadow my apprehension. Don't get me wrong—I'm still nervous about tomorrow's race at Stony Creek. After all, I'm almost assured of losing my position in the CPS and we decided a couple weeks ago that it was too far away to waste the gas just to preride it. Needless to say, we're both going into it blind since we've never ridden there. However, I find that I'm actually really looking forward to it. Go figure. In fact, I've just been surfing the Internet, looking to see if there are other races I could try to fit into the schedule yet this year. For instance, there's another 6/12 hour race at Pando in August. I really enjoyed the last one, but I've heard Pando is a really tough course. It's starting to feel really good to push myself, though, and I think I want to do more endurance racing next year. I'd like to eventually work up to Lumberjack, although it may be a couple years before I get there.

Of course, I also can't wait for Kisscross season ...

No comments: