Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Time Crunch

I know it has barely been a week since Chris and I ramped up our hours on the bike, but I'm already wondering how people who do this all the time manage to get anything else done. They can't have jobs, can they? For example, last night we rode right after work. We were scheduled for 2 1/2 hours. By the time we got home it was 9 p.m. So, I had time to make some dinner, throw in a load of laundry, plug my MP3 player in to charge and hit the hay. The puppy girls went to bed with me, but I felt like that was the only time I had spent with them all day. Now I'm up getting ready to do the whole thing over again. (At least I don't have to spend as much time washing my hair!)



The riding is good, don't get me wrong, and I think it's really beneficial for both of us. I'm just wondering when you fit in things like dishes, taking the dogs to the vet, packing. Oh, yeah, packing. We're supposed to go up to our cabin for the holiday weekend and we're leaving after work tomorrow. That works out well because Thursday is a rest day, but it also means I'm going to have to pack everything after I ride tonight. If only I didn't have that pesky job to contend with.

1 comment:

CorporateHippy said...

I struggle with the same thing. All the time.

The people who put those kind of hours in on a constant and regular basis generally have a spouse who doesn't ride and therefore takes care of all of those things, or they're single without much else going on.

For me, after 6 years, I still haven't figured out how to keep up with the housework and doggies and follow a decent training plan. Let me know if you figure something out though ;)