Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Now That's Dedication!

Here's where I pat myself on the back for something that doesn't begin to compare with the training other people (e.g., Alaska Jill) are doing, but felt like it took a lot of effort.

I decided to make yesterday my recovery day since everything hurt and I was ridiculously tired. It also enabled me to spend an hour and a half on the phone with my cousin who just had her first baby two weeks ago. (Now that is really brave!) I spent most of the day wincing when I had to move or sit down. I also examined myself for oddly placed bruises. The strangest seems to be in my armpit. (No kidding—I don't think I've ever had a bruise in my armpit before. Why would you?)

This evening I have to spend sitting through an obscenely long and boring bike club board meeting, which should last 30-45 minutes tops and will no doubt last 2 hours. My training this week is supposed to be 8 hours, with less base building and more high intensity stuff than in previous weeks. So, that meant I had to get up at 5 a.m. to ride for an hour and 20 minutes before going to work this morning. And I did it. The alarm went off and I actually got my bike clothes on, went upstairs and rode. It may be silly, but I do feel proud of myself.

No comments: