Friday, January 16, 2009

Now That's More Like It!

It was with a lot of apprehension that I stepped up to the scale this morning at Weight Watchers. One week without losing anything I could handle. I wasn't so sure about two. Luckily, I didn't have to find out. I left the meeting with the satisfaction of having lost another 2.2 pounds and a renewed commitment to keep plugging away at it.

It's a difficult journey for me, this weight loss. I tend to go for the instant gratification and once I've made a commitment to losing weight and put the effort into it, I want it all to be gone now. Unfortunately, it doesn't really work that way.

Being able to see progress keeps me motivated, though. Even last week when I didn't have any weight loss, I looked in the mirror and saw some definition starting to creep into my stomach where before it was just a gelatinous mass. (Sorry for the gross visual.) I might hate those oblique exercises I'm doing on the Bowflex more than anything else, but they're working.

Things are so busy right now it's a continual challenge to stay focused, not to mention keeping my blog updated. (This blog, fortunately, hasn't suffered as much as my other blog.) With all the busy times comes a lot of excitement and anticipation, though. Not only has my freelance work picked up tremendously, Chris and I have been working on a project very close to our hearts. It's going to be revealed in the next week or two, and I hope everyone else will be as enthusiastic about it as we are. I'm also thrilled that two EXTREMELY nice people (this one and that one) have agreed to be part of our debut.

1 comment:

Laurie said...

Good job with the weight loss - keep it up!