Saturday, January 31, 2009

No Pain, But No Gain

I was terrified to step on the scale yesterday because my week did not go very well. In addition to eating everything in sight for at least three of the days and not tracking my points for five of the days, it was a recovery week, so I didn't have my workouts to bail me out. There was also another issue that I won't go into since boys sometimes read this blog and they probably can't handle it. Suffice it to say I was not optimistic that there would be no weight gain.

Thrilled is an understatement for how I felt when I saw that the number on the scale was exactly the same as last week. It doesn't get me closer to the 20 pound mark, which was my original goal for the amount of weight I wanted to lose in the 10-week package I bought. Last week, when I was at 19.2 pounds on week #7, it seemed like I would do it for sure, now I don't know.

I need to get back to business with a vengeance this week to shut down a couple of things that are starting. The first is that I'm starting to lose a bit of my motivation. It's not that I don't want to lose the rest of the weight, it's just that after a while, I always get bored with the whole weight loss process and it starts to get harder to stay on track. I have to shut that down, because I want to be able to lose at least 40 more pounds before I'm finished.

The other thing that happened is that I've been ridiculously busy, which should be obvious from the state of affairs with this blog. When I'm busy, I use it as an excuse to just throw things at my mouth haphazardly and not worry about if they're okay to eat or recording that I ate them. And for those of you who have been scoffing about me saying I'm busy (since I don't really work), I'm going to tell you all the things I did this week (and this doesn't even count eating, sleeping, showering, etc.):
  • Went to a two-hour meeting with one of my clients, whose office is 45 minutes away
  • Had a 30-minute weekly meeting with one of my clients
  • Went to a two-hour Mid-Michigan Creative Alliance presentation
  • Had a 30-minute meeting with my client regarding a specific project
  • Had numerous phone calls to coordinate a co-branded Webinar
  • Attended two networking lunches and an evening networking event
  • Wrote a Web post for one of my clients after doing the research for it
  • Wrote the second half of the content for a client's Web redesign, including gathering pdfs to attach and interfacing with the Web development company
  • Wrote introductory PowerPoint slides for a Webinar
  • Went to a meeting for the PR Committee of our local Ronald McDonald House
  • I finished my first batch of projects for a publishing company freelance thing I am doing. There were 30 of them and I had a week to complete them. I had to write 30 plot summaries, including gathering all information on the book (e.g., character names, time period, ISBN for all available versions, etc.). The information gathering took significantly longer than the writing.
  • I had a second interview for a "real job," which lasted two hours. It included an interview session, 30 minutes to come up with a marketing plan and 15 minutes to present it, a proofreading exercise and a writing exercise.
  • As a follow up to the interview, I had to make up a partial mock PowerPoint presentation and a two-page, graphically enhanced newsletter for their customers. I finished those projects at 1:00 this morning after working on them beginning in early evening.
  • Since it was a recovery week, I did three days of weight training, but only 5.5 hours of riding.
  • Spent close to no time reading blogs or on Facebook. :-(
So, now do you believe me, DG?

At any rate, I need to find a way to deal with all these issues, because I'm starting a new Web site next week, have another 30 summaries to write and I think things are going to be busy like this for a while. Not to mention the fact that I'm going to have significantly more training to do this week.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm starting to get the picture. Since I started this FREELANCE SNOWPLOWING (In Comins its called plowing for free) I have very little time.However my business is seasonal and I have a light at the end of the tunnel. Hang in there and Get-R-done. DG