Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Hound Dog Heaven

It was partly sunny this afternoon and about 40 degrees. What with daylight savings and all, it was actually still quite light out when I got home at about 6:00. I knew my puppy girls were feeling lonely and somewhat neglected due to all my running around lately, so I decided to take them out for a walk and some QT.
We ended up going to the dog park that was opened last fall near our house. I was nervous at first about how they would be because my puppies are not the best trained. It worked out great, though.

For two rambunctious puppies who live in a smallish Craftsman bungalow in the middle of the city with very little yard (none of it fenced), the dog park is a godsend. They had a blast and were so well behaved. They played nice, didn't get out of control and came back when I called them. It was like the Twilight Zone.


Maddy got a little muddy.



Both girls did a lot of exploring and Gretchen had fun just acting like a hound dog. I can't wait to take them back.


No comments: