Monday, January 4, 2010

The Sun Always Shines in Crested Butte


I thought I was hopeless at skiing after seeing no improvement whenever I skiied. As it turns out, either the simple magic of being in Crested Butte or a good lesson was all I needed. That's not to say that I'm an expert now, but I definitely saw quite a bit of improvement just in the hour we were in the lesson. Besides our ski lesson, we did a bit of browsing at a couple of shops in town, had lunch at the Last Steep, ate dinner at Ginger Cafe and finished the evening, as is our custom, at the Forest Queen. Here are some photos from our day:



Chris with Christian, our Norwegian ski instructor

Chris showing off his technique
 
Awesome crab cake po' boy I had at the Steep

Ahi tuna tacos Chris had

Pork pot stickers at Ginger Cafe

Beef satay with peanut dipping sauce

Shrimp and vegetable concoction Chris had (I forget what it was called)

Ginger fried rice with shrimp (the best fried rice I have had in my life)

Hangin' at the Forest Queen


Today's our last day in Crested Butte—gotta live it up!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm thinking you might be the next " Picabo Street " on the downhill. I've seen some of that food with the sticks stuck through it on the Survival Show. Have a safe trip home. DG