Monday, January 18, 2010

2010 Plans, Goals and Dreams: Part 1, Cycling Goals

I never ended up doing the season recap I meant to do, but I have analyzed my season over and over in my head. The season began with a lot of promise and fizzled out somewhere near the middle. My accomplishments were the following:
  • Finished Barry-Roubaix and came in first in Beginner Women 35+ (beat all the beginner women and about 18 beginner men), basically, my best race ever
  • Finished Yankee Springs Time Trial, took 20 minutes off my time from 2008
  • Finished Hanson Hills XC race, but didn't do very well
  • Raced in four endurance races: 8 Hours of Cannonsburg, 6 Hours of Ithaca, 6 Hours of Stony Creek, 6 Hours of Addison Oaks (came in 3rd in Michigan Endurance Cup)
  • Completed my first Iceman ever
  • Completed six Kisscross races
  • Completed my first Ithaca Grand Prix of Cyclocross race
This makes it look like I actually did a lot of races, even though I wasn't happy with my performance in many of them. My biggest disappointment was the fact that I didn't sustain the fitness I started the season with.

As I look toward the coming season, my hope is that I will be able to move before the end of it, but that's looking less and less likely. We haven't given up the idea of moving, but it looks like it will take longer than we were hoping it would.)

Given my disappointment with last year's season, it only stands to reason that my most important goal for the 2010 season is to improve my fitness level as the season progresses, rather than getting worse. I'd like to again concentrate on endurance races, with a few other select races mixed in. I also want to renew my determination to complete a longer (12 hours) endurance race. That was also a goal last year, but it just didn't happen.

So, here's my tentative schedule for the 2010 race season:

March 27 Barry-Roubaix
April 18 Yankee Springs TT
May 15 6 Hours of Stony Creek
June 6 Hanson Hills XC
June 12 8 Hours of Cannonsburg
July 17 6 Hours of Ithaca
July 31 8 Hours of Bloomer or August 14 6 Hours of Pando
Sept. 18 12 Hours of Hanson Hills
Oct. 9 6 Hours of Addison Oaks
Peak to Peak (?)
Iceman

I'm sure I'll refine this and make changes as necessary during the year. I'm finally starting to get my act together, so I'll write about that, as well as the details for how I'm going to make all this happen, in the coming days.

1 comment:

Laurie said...

You're hardcore with those endurance races! I think we're sticking with CPS but adding some Tailwind to the mix. Mitch is thinking about an endurance race...oh, and I believe we're going to try Ore to Shore!