Monday, December 21, 2009

Have I Mentioned I'm Excited?

Most of you already know the MMBA Expo is coming up at the end of next month. I have always enjoyed the Expo. It's a chance to catch up with old friends, check out some good deals at the swap meet and hang out with like-minded people (mostly). However, I will say that I've enjoyed it much more since they moved it out of Davison to the Lansing area. Not only is it practically in my backyard, but I don't have to make the ridiculous trek to Davison, which is convenient for no one (except people who live in Davison).

This year, though, I have a HUGE reason to be excited about the Expo. That's because a certain person, who'll I'll just call "DAVE WIENS," is going to be speaking. DAVE WIENS! DAVE WIENS! As in, 6-time Leadville champion, awesome Dave Wiens. As in, the guy who lives a mere stone's throw from Crested Butte (where I will be in 10 short days) Dave Wiens. I have never been excited about a speaker at the MMBA Expo, but this one is enough to make up for all the years past.

More info on the Expo can be found here, but really all you need to know is that Dave Wiens is speaking.

BTW, on a completely unrelated matter, is anyone else starting to get the impression that something is going on between Fat Cyclist and the Runner?

No comments: