Saturday, December 5, 2009

Better Late Than Never



Okay, for some reason I'm not overly thrilled about writing a race report for last weekend's Kisscross finale, so I can't promise I'll come up with anything decent. In fact, I may just give the basics and post a few pictures. Here's the gist of it:
  • I finished second to the last, in front of a tandem that either had mechanical issues, took a bathroom break in the middle of the race, or both.
  • The race was fun in a kind of miserable way. It poured rain throughout most of the C race and was very messy. Slogging through that kind of stuff makes me feel really hardcore.
  • Rick originally told us we had to do five laps, but due to the amount of rain and the course getting torn up, decreased it to four after the first lap. I protested loudly and decided to do five anyway, just on principle. (Or maybe I thanked my lucky stars and cheered in a celebratory fashion. You decide which one you think is more likely.)
  • I know I say this all the time, but I have never wanted to DNF a race so badly before. My legs felt like lead from the get go and I had no idea how I was going to finish. As usual, I knew I would feel much worse if I quit, so I slogged through it.
As usual, Rick and Cathy did a great job with the whole series. We're all lucky they continue to do this.



I did my stair workout.


My teammate Nichole was beating the guys, as usual.


Navigating the Death Spiral


Riding through the muddy goodness


Here's how the Death Spiral looked post-race. Kind of reminiscent of crop circles


And here's how I spent my week. Luckily, the event is tomorrow because it's about to kill me.





No comments: