Monday, June 15, 2009

Why Don't I Do This Every Monday?

I almost didn't go on Danielle's ride tonight, even though I've been planning to for weeks. I've been whining for two days about how much I hurt after the Cannonsburg race and it seemed like a good excuse. That would have been a big mistake, big, huge (name that movie)!

It turned out to be a great night for a ride and it was one of those rides that really drives home to me why I love riding. I felt great the entire time I was out there and I wasn't hurting at all. I was a bit afraid about keeping up with the rest of the group, but I did fine. There was a stream crossing I didn't ride that I feel a bit ashamed about, but other than that I pretty much rode everything.

It was also nice to spend some time talking to Danielle and asking her questions. She had a lot of great advice for how to ride things and I learned a lot. Even though it's a bit far to go on a Monday, I'm going to try to make as many of these rides as I can. It's not often I get to ride with a group and I really enjoyed it.

BTW, if that photo isn't a good motivation to lose weight, I don't know what is. Not only did I wear the Fat Cyclist jersey, I downright personified it. It's definitely time to get back to work and take care of this problem.

No comments: