Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Sad and Lonely Blog


It's obvious what's been missing from this blog lately. I'm not going to whine about how busy I am, because that should also be obvious (unless I'm just really lazy), so I'm just going to give a little update here.

I started my new job this week. So far, it's been really good. I know you can't tell much after three days, but I've seen a lot of things that make me feel very good about the company and excited about my opportunity there. I've been trying to finish up some freelance projects that have been hanging out there, so I've been working on those on my lunch breaks and in the evenings.
I never got around to posting my weigh in last week. It was crappy. Not only did I not lose weight, I gained 1.8 pounds. The thing is, I don't think this week's going to be much better. But I'm not giving up. I'm hoping it's just a rough patch and that I'm back on track now.

I've been keeping up my training and have been sticking to my schedule very well. I didn't get to the Snowcross race last weekend because I just had too much going on and didn't feel like I could take the whole day out of town. I've been mostly riding the trainer, though I have had a few days outside here and there. I'm really looking forward to race season and I hope I'll be ready.

The MMBA Expo is this Sunday and I am thrilled to have it right down the street from me. I'm also looking forward to a nice, spacious, heated building, which will be a definite change from the previous venue.

Besides the Expo itself, I'm also excited because we're putting the finishing touches on our special project that I've hinted at already on this blog. We had hoped to have it done before now, but our ultimate goal was to finish it prior to the Expo so we could promote it there. I'll also do a post on it on Saturday or Sunday (depending on when it's finished—it could be down to the wire). I will give you a little hint, though. The above image is part of the design for our promotional t-shirts that will be used to generate interest. Don't be spoilers, those of you who already know.

No comments: