Monday, November 17, 2008

What's the definition of insanity?

Okay, so it wasn't exactly the same thing over and over, and it wasn't the exact same result. I did train a little more, but I didn't meet the goal I set for myself of riding five times before the next race. Still, I felt more prepared for the race. I got there early and prerode the course. I did one full practice lap and part of another. After spending more time warming up, I felt like I was pushing it a bit harder than I have been this season.
So, I still finished last, but there was one person in front of me who was within sight (and probably within reach) for the entire race. Lately it seems like everyone's been so far ahead of me that I can't even see them until they lap me. I thought I could catch the guy in front of me and I tried kicking it up a notch in the last lap, but I just didn't have a lot left.

The next race is only a week away. After that, it's three weeks until the Holland race, which is the last one before the snowcross races. The Kisscross season went by pretty quickly and there's not much time to improve before it's all over. I'm going to make a concerted effort to do what I can to make sure I don't come in last at the Holland race.

It's funny because I was really excited about Kisscross this year and I thought I was going to do so much better. As it turns out, I actually did a lot worse. Part of it was my lack of commitment to training, but I also need to face the fact that I'm at least 20 pounds heavier than I was last year at this time. The bottom line is I really need to get to work.

No comments: