Saturday, May 31, 2008

Race Anticipation

We opted not to leave to go up North last night because I was too tired. Instead, I took a nap and then we went downtown to Kelly's for a while to hang out and show off some of our wedding photos. I'm just waiting around now for Chris to get up and get ready so we can head to the cabin.



Our next mountain bike race is tomorrow at Hanson Hills. I'm really looking forward to it. I want to test my theory that I will actually be less cautious (scared) on my mountain bike now that the wedding is over. I'm also feeling pretty confident after pre-riding the course that I can give it everything I have without having it completely kick my butt. I also have a time in mind that I'm shooting for that no one knows but Chris. It may be a little ambitious for me, too. We'll see how it goes. I hope I am not setting myself up for disappointment.



I know I haven't been riding much because of the whole wedding/trip to Key West thing, but I'm hoping I have enough conditioning and determination to pull off a decent race. I'd like to make up some points in the CPS on those who won't be doing this race.



I'm also extremely stressed out because of work right now. I have some crap hanging over my head that I haven't been able to stop thinking about much and I'm looking forward to being able to put my energy into something else for a while.

No comments: