Monday, May 12, 2008

Family Day

Yesterday was another action packed day. I am starting to realize I am not taking nearly enough photos and of the photos I did take, every other one was Sebastian. I started the day by walking down Duval Street to the place my parents are renting. No one was awake but my mom, so I gave her a Mother's Day present and we went for a walk.

My dad was still sleeping when we returned, but Jeff (my bro) and Sebastian (my nephew) were awake, so we took Mom out for breakfast. Of course, I didn't take any pictures at breakfast except this one of Sebastian, so I guess that was kind of silly. Breakfast was one of the best meals I've had since I've been here. We went to Croissants de France. We ordered two different kinds of quiche and crepes and all shared with each other. After the meal, they brought us complimentary petit fors for Mother's Day. They mistakenly thought I was Sebastian's mom, but I didn't correct them. They brought one for Sebastian, too, even though he's not a mother because they didn't want him to feel left out. I think that's the first time I've ever eaten dessert with breakfast.

This photo didn't turn out very good, but it's one of the few photos I have that my dad is in, because he never, I mean never, goes anywhere. (It looks like Sebastian is sucking his thumb, but he just has his hand in front of his face.)

My first bright idea of the day was to walk to the Key West Eco Discovery Center with the family. It was a long walk and was in the mid-90s, broiling hot. Unfortunately, I forgot to check the hours, and it was closed on Sunday. (This photo was taken in front of a ship we passed on the way there.) Our backup plan was the aquarium and we walked through Truman Annex and played in the fountain on the way to cool off.


Sebastian seemed to enjoy the aquarium, even though it was a little small. We were able to get out of the heat and the sun a little. They had a touch tank with sea cucumbers, sea anemones starfish and hermit and horshoe crabs.
Sebastian even got to "pet" this guy.

The Symons (my aunt and uncle and cousin) and Kamchatov (my cousin and her husband and baby) families finally made an appearance after arriving late on Saturday. Little Ethan slept through most of Sunset Celebration at Mallory Square. Honestly, I was getting a little frazzled trying to hang out with all the new people who were arriving and spend time with everyone. I didn't do a very good job, but hopefully I'll be able to spend more time with Chris' family today.

Chris and I barely saw each other yesterday. We spent most of our time entertaining other people and hanging out with our respective families.
We ended the evening on the balcony at the Bull Whistle, looking down on Duval Street and people watching. Here's Chris' mom and stepdad.

Daniel and Jolie, friends of Chris' parents (and us!)

Kelli (Chris' sister) and her husband Johnny (In the background in the blue is my dad! I think he was actually starting to have a good time!)

Our friends Kryne and Jeremy

The rehearsal is this afternoon. I can't believe tomorrow is my wedding day. It's almost here!

1 comment:

jillcobb said...

WAHOO!!!! The day is finally here! :) Can't wait to see pics of the wedding. We all miss you here.