Sunday, April 20, 2008

Race Day

Well, today's the day. Usually, when I get nervous my stomach starts feeling like someone's twisting it in knots. It's something nice my little grandma passed on to me. Right now, the feeling's just starting. There's just a little fluttering so far which I expect to build throughout the morning.



I've been trying not to think about the race a lot, worried I would freak myself out. Today there's not really a way to avoid it, though. I start at 12:25, Chris starts at 12:08, so we're going to leave here by 9:30.




The news yesterday was that the race is going to be ridden backward from how the trail is. That means that those who have the trail dialed in won't have as much of an advantage. For my nerves it's probably also not such a good thing. I know I have only ridden it once, but the purpose of my pre-ride was more to prove to myself that I could finish it and that there was nothing so gnarly out there that I couldn't handle it. Now I don't really know. Going backward means all the downhills will be uphills and all the uphills will be downhills. I guess I'll just hope for the best.




Wish me luck!

No comments: