Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Moral Victory

Last night, I went to a retirement party for a coworker. I have worked with her for about 7 1/2 years. She has worked there for 30. So, I felt it was important that I be there, even though I had forgotten it was that particular night. When I got home, Chris headed for the trainer and I changed my clothes, put on makeup (a rare event), etc. I told Chris I would have to ride when I got home and I would try to make it fairly early.

All the way home, I kept thinking of ways to avoid riding the trainer. After all, it was already 9:30, and that is generally about the time I'm getting into bed. I thought the best way to get over all my excuses was just to start putting on my bike shorts as soon as I got in the door. That's exactly what I did, too.

Not only did I go to a dinner out in which I had no control over the menu and show some restraint in choosing the healthier, less fattening vegetarian option and politely refusing dessert, but I also rode the trainer for an hour after I got home. Could I be changing my ways?

No comments: