Monday, November 19, 2007

Technique? What's that?

I officially started my new training program today. I know it's not that cold here compared to some other places, but the reality is that unlike Alaska Jill, who is my new hero, I'm probably not going to do a ton of outdoor winter riding. That means it's trainer city for me.

In order to make this activity somewhat more interesting, my fiance Chris decided to join the Spinervals DVD of the month club. This might seem like overkill, particularly since we already have about 10 of them, at least 6 of which still have the plastic overwrap intact.

I rode almost immediately when I got home so I wouldn't be tempted to forgo it altogether. Today's DVD was called Recovery and Technique and consisted of easy riding, spinning and one leg pedal drills. Though I've been riding my road bike somewhat sporadically for at least four years and I hang around a lot of "bike people," I had never actually attempted the one leg pedal drill before today. It's not easy. I think this "training" thing is going to be good for me.

No comments: