Sunday, November 22, 2009

Training on Borrowed Time


 I started my winter training program this week. Monday was strength training, Tuesday was 1.5 hours on the bike, Wednesday was both and Friday was just strength training. I did all that training inside because, as nice as it has been outside, it's almost completely dark when I get out of work at the end of the day. I don't have a light, and there's no way I'm riding outside in the dark with no light.

Luckily, I still have weekends. I have no idea how long this weather is going to hold, but as long as it does, I'm certainly going to take advantage of any outside riding I can do. Yesterday, I was scheduled to do 1.5 hours of E1, which is recovery pace. Since I knew I'd be heading out on the trail for a 3.5-hour ride today, I decided to hit the river trail for a low-key trek through town.


The only way you can tell it's almost the end of November right now is by the bare trees. Everything else seems like early fall. The temperatures were hovering just below 50. If I hadn't been riding so slowly, I would certainly have been overdressed. The grass is still green. I just don't think Mother Nature knows it's almost Thanksgiving, not that I'm complaining.
 

The ride was a welcome change from the trainer. More fun to come today.

No comments: