Monday, September 21, 2009

What's Up With Me

I had hoped to write a blog post about my delightful outing with the Badger yesterday, but due to circumstances beyond my control, I don't really have time to do it justice. However, I don't want to leave those (2) of you expectantly hoping for something empty handed, so I thought I'd at least give a quick update of what I've been doing for the past several days.

Friday night, we went out with some friends (Dirk, Jan, Bob and Barry) to El Azteco, a local Mexican restaurant, where we indulged in good conversation, awesome cheese dip and chips, dinner and some of the best margaritas in the free world.

Saturday, I manned a booth for my company at Community Resource Day. It was an event put on by a local church. The goal was to provide resources and information to people who were down on their luck due to the economy. It was work, but it wasn't bad at all. It was outside and it was beautiful, so I got to sit in the sun, talk to people and raffle off a few Captain Curby toys. I even got a complimentary chair massage from a massage therapist down the aisle. I made it home just in time to watch another disappointing football game in which we lost (again) in the final minutes.

Saturday evening, we went to a bonfire with some friends we hadn't seen in a while. There were cocktails and a spectacular show courtesy of Christmas lights. Seriously, if you've never put a string of Christmas lights in a fire and watched the colors, you have to do it. It's very cool.

Sunday, I went on my outing with the Badger, which I'll save for another post.

Today it was back to the grind. Then it was errands after work and another fabulous dinner cooked by my husband. Finally, after listening to Maddy itching and a biting at herself all evening and through the night, last night, I have spent the evening de-fleaing the girls and our house. The fun never ends!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I so enjoy staying out of the heat in Fla. and enjoying what you write. Hope to see both of you soon and, of course, my grand dogs.

Anonymous said...

Buddy had one flea this summer and I got it with a ice pick. No more fleas, however buddy is real shy of ice picks.