Sunday, September 27, 2009

What Weekend?

Wow! This weekend went by more quickly than any I can remember in recent history. We took advantage of the last of our semi-free weekends for the next month to head to our cabin. We hadn't been there since Labor Day weekend, and between racing and hockey, we won't be able to get there again until almost the end of October.

I bailed out of a work about a half an hour early and rushed home to get our stuff loaded. We got on the road about 5:15 and promptly got stuck in a construction slowdown at Ithaca. It took us 45 minutes to get from Ithaca to Mt. Pleasant. It was not a good start to the weekend.

By the time went to our cabin and unloaded and found a seat at the bar of our favorite up North watering hole, it was after 9. We hung out until about 12:30, which is well past my bedtime.

We had planned to run some errands in the morning before the football game at noon, but I fell back to sleep after waking up before 8. When I woke up the second time, it was 12:15! I must have really needed the sleep, because I don't remember the last time I slept in until anywhere close to noon, much less past it.

After watching our sad little college football team get beat yet again, we went to run our errands, which included a trip to the Amish bulk food store. We made it an early night, knowing I had to get up early in the morning to go race in Ithaca.

Today I got up at 6, intending to get on the road by 6:30. Unfortunately, we didn't get moving until about 7:10. The race at Ithaca was definitely a learning experience. Chris took a bunch of pictures, but since they are on the good camera, I have to wait for them to be processed. I'll try to post a race report sometime tomorrow.

No comments: