Friday, May 22, 2009

Back on Track

I just have time for a quick post, but I wanted to let everyone know I'm back on track. I was down 2.6 pounds today at weigh in, which made me really happy. I certainly wasn't perfect this week, but I was a lot better. On the down side, I only got in one ride. I had a weekend filled with plumbing issues. Monday we had a suite night with customers at the Lugnuts. Tuesday I had to attend a master composter class/tour.

Chris and I headed out to Burchfield on Wednesday night for the first time this year. It's closed in the winter for skiers and it's been so wet so far this spring that we've been avoiding it. Burchfield is right next to a river and has a lot of low, swampy areas. However, it had been dry for a few days and we thought it might be okay. Many of the trail sections were closed due to the high water, still there was a decent section of trail to ride. We ended up and getting out for about an hour and a half and it felt great. I feel like my confidence is really improving, which I'll talk about it more detail another day.

After work, we're heading up to our cabin for the first time since last fall. I can't wait! I've missed the peacefulness of just reclining on our porch reading and looking up occasionally to see a woodpecker at the suet feeder. The only problem will be having to go home again. My mom, my brother and his girlfriend are joining us, so we should have a great time. I'm bringing my mountain and road bikes. Chris and I will take a day and ride Hanson Hills and I'll probably ride once or twice on the road with my mom, who's getting ready to ride DALMAC for the first time this year.

Now if only the workday was over already ...

No comments: