Monday, June 14, 2010

Double Stuff Minus the Oreos

So, every now and again I decide to visit this blog and write a post. Today is that auspicious day out of the last two weeks when I finally got around to it.

Since I've been absent, I've continued my running adventures. I'm still slow, but not quite as slow, and it continues to be enjoyable. I went quite a while without riding much at all, but thankfully, that has been corrected in the last couple of weeks. Lately I've been riding at least three or four days a week. I'm running about five days a week, though, and needless to say, there are only seven days in said week. As a result, I find myself doubling my efforts many nights—starting out with a run, then changing into riding clothes and hitting the trail before dark. 
Surprisingly enough, I'm not only surviving this—I'm relishing it. 

Now, about the racing. Those of you who are observant and who are still out there may have noticed that I have now missed four (count them) races on my racing schedule. Some of you may wonder if I am ever going to race again. The answer is a resounding "yes."

In fact, I'll be competing in a race this very Friday at 7 p.m. Now here's the surprising part. It's a running-type race, namely a 5K. I think I must be crazy. 

I have a goal in mind for this race. I think it will allow me to push myself but should still be within my reach. And I think I will actually share that goal on my blog, even though I am embarrassed to admit how slow I am. Not tonight, though.

Oh, and by the way, there's an actual bike race on the horizon, too.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Finally, now I can go to bed. What bike race are you in besides the horizon? DG

Jenn said...

Before you even post it, I shall be a topper...of sorts. I ran a 5k a few weeks ago, in--wait for it--41 minutes!! I like to think I'm built for endurance. Speed, not so much. Good luck to you!!

Liz Baumgardt said...

Don't worry about the time, finishing any race is an accomplishment! Enjoy your new sport!