Tuesday, August 12, 2008

It's in, It's out

My more astute blog readers (all two of you) will have noticed that after briefly mentioning it in a previous post, I added the 6 Hours of Pando to my race schedule. The even more astute will have noticed I subsequently took it off my race schedule. Although I really wanted to do the race, I decided it was more important to spend this weekend in Traverse City with my mom. We will get in a long ride on Saturday and I will hopefully be able to fit in a shorter mountain bike ride, too. We still have the Drummond Island race on Labor Day weekend, and I am really looking forward to that one. We have also decided to start training with the intention of eventually completing Lumberjack. Chris is shooting for next year, but I think 2010 may be more realistic for me. At any rate, at this point my plan is to do fewer CPS races next year and concentrate on 6-hour races, with maybe a 12-hour or two thrown in for good measure. I'm really enjoying my foray into endurance racing, and right now it's looking like the direction I want to go.

No comments: